UHSAA Boys & Women Swimming & Diving Championships
The Utah Excessive College Athletic Affiliation (UHSAA) is ready to host its boys & women swimming & diving championships beginning tomorrow, February 12th. UHSAA participant faculties are damaged into four classifications, 3A-6A, primarily based on the scale of the college. 3A are the smallest faculties, whereas 6A are the biggest.
Returning 2020 winners:
- Katelyn Andrist (Skyridge) – ladies’s 200 free
- Allie Hill (American Fork) – ladies’s 200 IM, 500 free
- Ryan Lincoln (Westlake) – ladies’s 50 free
- Talia Thomas (American Fork) – ladies’s 100 free
- Cameron Barney (Westlake) – males’s 50 free, 100 free
Psych sheets not out there but
- Caitlyn Romprey (Desert Hills) – ladies’s 200 free, 100 again
- Kylie Barber (Snow Canyon) – ladies’s 200 IM, 100 fly**
- Carly Eubanks (Ridgeline) – ladies’s 100 free
- Kela Hansen (Desert Hills) – ladies’s 500 free
- Jenna Gibbons (Sky View) – ladies’s 100 breast
- Max Cannon (Canyon View) – males’s 200 IM**
- Hadlee Begay (Grantsville) – ladies’s 200 free, 500 free**
- Grace Smith (Rowland) – ladies’s 200 IM, 100 breast**
- Gen Jones (Wasatch Academy) – ladies’s 50 free, 100 again
- Buddy Yanelli (Decide Memorial) – males’s 200 IM, 100 breast
There are some notable adjustments to the returning 2020 champions, nevertheless. Snow Canyon junior Kylie Barber is not going to be defending her 2020 4A titles within the women 200 IM and 100 fly, and is as an alternative competing within the 50 free and 100 free this 12 months. Equally, Max Cannon, a Canyon View junior, is not going to defend his 4A boys 200 IM title, and can as an alternative check out the 100 fly and 100 breast, in each of which he’s seeded first.
They’re occasion adjustments within the 3A as nicely, with Grantsville senior Hadlee Begay swapping the women 200 free for the 100 fly. Begay will nonetheless try and defend her title within the 500 free. Grace Smith, a Rowland junior, will attempt to defend her 200 IM title, however has switched from the 100 breast to the 100 fly, the place she’s going to, coincidentally, be racing Begay.
The American Fork women and Lone Peak boys are every 3x defending 6A staff champions. American Fork women seem like in good place heading into the meet, with four prime seeds in particular person occasions, the highest seed within the 400 free relay, 2nd seed within the 200 medley relay, and Third seed within the 200 free relay. In the meantime, it seems the Lone Peak boys will probably be hard-pressed so as to add a 4th-consecutive title to the resumé. With solely 11 particular person entries, and a pair of relays, it appears unlikely Lone Peak could have the depth to prime the staff standings once more.
The Timpview women and Olympus boys are the defending 5A champs, and each of that are chasing 2nd-consecutive titles this weekend.
The Desert Hills women are the 2x defending 4A champions, whereas the Desert Hills boys are 3x defending champions. Desert Hills appears to be like to be in place to battle for a Third-straight women title, although Snow Canyon is ready to offer them a run for his or her cash. SCHS is the highest seed within the 200 medley relay and 400 free relay, in addition to the Third seed within the 200 free relay. Desert Hills and Snow Canyon every have three particular person prime seeds. The Snow Canyon boys seem prone to come out on prime within the staff standings, primarily based off the psych sheet. SCHS is seeded 1st in all three relays, and has the highest seed in 5 particular person occasions.
Carbon HS women are the 2x defending 3A champions. Carbon is seeded first in a relay and has a person prime seed as nicely. It does appear depth might be able to pull Carbon excessive once more, nevertheless, Richfield and Decide Memorial might make it a battle. Union gained the boys title final 12 months, and appears to be in for a hard-fought battle with Decide Memorial this 12 months.