In recent times, the nation of Turkey had slowly been on the rise to being amongst the world’s swimming powerhouses.
On the 2016 Olympic Video games, Turkey solely certified Four swimmers to compete, which included Three girls and 1 man.
Waiting for the Tokyo 2021 Olympics, the nation is already anticipated to double the variety of swimmers competing within the video games, primarily based on the FINA Olympic choice standards. At present, 28 totally different Turkish athletes are beneath the FINA A and B requirements. Of these, Four totally different girls, and a couple of totally different males at the moment maintain FINA A cuts, permitting for precedence choice for the video games.
On account of this progress, Turkey received the 2020 Swammy “Nationwide Growth Award”, commentating the nation’s progress within the pool. As well as, breaststroker Emre Sakci obtained the Swammy for “Breakout Performer of the 12 months” because of his spectacular exhibiting on the Worldwide Swim League.
With these cuts coming at a lot of totally different meets throughout two months, it’s value summarizing the place Turkey’s Olympic qualifying state of affairs at the moment stands. Among the many nation’s present Olympic qualifiers, Beril Boecekler stands out with Three FINA A cuts. Sakci leads all males’s qualifiers, with one A-cut and two B-cuts.
At present, there are two occasions wherein Turkey is prone to be getting into two swimmers into on the Olympics, as they’ve no less than two swimmers reaching FINA A-cuts: the lads’s 100 breaststroke and the ladies’s 1500 freestyle. Each occasions at the moment have no less than 2 swimmers beneath the FINA A-Minimize, and a number of swimmers beneath the FINA-B reduce. In these occasions, the 2 quickest swimmers in every occasion throughout the qualification interval might be named to the Olympic staff. In occasions wherein the nation solely has swimmers beneath the FINA-B reduce, just one athlete might symbolize Turkey within the Olympics in every occasion.
Notably, Turkey doesn’t have any relays certified to compete on the Video games, as none of them completed throughout the top-12 relays on the 2019 World Championships or throughout the prime Four of the remaining non-qualified relays.
The Olympic qualification interval is March 1st, 2019 via June 27th, 2021 for athletes all over the world.
The precedence order for qualification locations might be as they’ve been previously as follows:
- All athletes with Olympic Qualifying Occasions (OQT / “A” Time)
- Athletes in relays
- Universality Locations
- Invited athletes who’ve achieved an Olympic Choice Time (OST / “B” time)
FINA A/B Cuts:
Males (**denotes FINA A-Minimize)
- SAKCI, Emre (49.43)
- UNLU, Batur (49.87)
- UNLU, Batur (1:47.08)
- GEZMIS, Ergecan (1:49.35)
- GEZMIS, Ergecan (3:52.64)
- UENLUE, Baturalp (3:53.15)
- KILAVUZ, Mert (7:56.12)
- ASLAN, Yigit (7:58.83)
- ASLAN, Yigit (15:19.00)
- KILAVUZ, Mert (15:20.64)
- AYAR, Kaan Tuerker (52.52)
- GUERES, Uemitcan (51.97)
- OEZKUL, Berk (53.50)
- SAKCI, Emre (58.85) **
- OEGRETIR, Berkay Oemer (59.54)**
- DEMIR, Demirkan (1:00.84)
- OEGRETIR, Berkay Oemer (2:09.86)**
- DEMIR, Demirkan (2:11.85)
- AYDIN, Metin (2:00.95)
- OERNEK, Alpkan (2:02.54)
- SAKA, Berke (2:03.25)
Girls (**denotes FINA A-Minimize)
- OZBILEN, Selen (55.30)
- GUVENC, Gizem (55.40)
- GUVENC, Gizem (1:58.24)
- BOECEKLER, Beril (2:00.62)
- BOECEKLER, Beril (4:09.60)**
- TUNCEL, Merve (4:12.74)
- TUNCEL, Merve (8:28.34)**
- BOECEKLER, Beril (8:32.65)**
- TUNCEL, Merve (8:43.24)
- ERTAN, Deniz (8:48.09)
- TUNCEL, Merve (16:03.23)**
- BOECEKLER, Beril (16:21.39)**
- TUNCEL, Merve (16:29.24)**
- ERTAN, Deniz (16:42.56)
- TOPCU, Buse (16:59.68)
- TANRIVERDI, Duru (17:00.38)
- TANRIVERDI, Ece (17:01.50)
- AVRAMOVA, Ekaterina (1:01.23)
- AVRAMOVA, Ekaterina (2:11.90)
- DENIZLI, Sudem (2:13.51)
- TACYILDIZ, Defne (2:10.22)
- USTUNDAG, Nida Eliz (2:11.09)
- BILGIN, Zehra-Duru (2:11.70)
- GUNES, Viktoria Zeynep (1:09.05)
- GUNES, Viktoria Zeynep (2:27.67)
- GUNES, Viktoria Zeynep (2:12.40)**
- GUNES, Viktoria Zeynep (4:44.31)