2020 PV October Racing
- The St. James
- Springfield, VA
- Outcomes on Meet Cellular: “2020 October Racing”
The Arlington Aquatic Membership and the Nation’s Capital Swim Membership raced on the 2020 October Racing meet final Saturday, October 3. All occasions have been swum as mixed-gender heats.
14-year-old Nolan Dunkel (AAC) positioned first within the 100-yard backstroke, swimming a 49.97. This time ranks him 1st within the nation amongst 13-14s this season. His earlier greatest was a 51.46, which he swam on the 2019 NC TACT Massive Southern Class.
Dunkel’s new greatest time additionally strikes him one spot forward of US Nationwide Teamer Carson Foster for 29th-place-all-time within the 13-14 age group rankings.
He additionally swam a private greatest within the 50-yard freestyle, clocking a 22.41, which put him third within the warmth. Dunkel’s earlier greatest on this occasion was a 23.83, from the 2019 VA EZ South Sectional TT.
14-year-old Simon Bermudez (NCAP) dropped occasions in all 4 of his races. He took first within the 50-yard freestyle, swimming a 21.53. With an entry time of 1:55.53 within the 200 IM, he dropped nearly two seconds, going a 1:53.71. His time now ranks him 2nd within the nation amongst 13-14 year-olds this season. Bermudez additionally competed within the 100-yard backstroke, putting third with a 51.96. His 200 backstroke swim positioned him first with a time of 1:54.91.
On the women’ facet, 17-year-old Torri Huske (AAC) clocked some quick swims. Huske is part of the U.S. Nationwide Crew, is a U.S. Open Champion, a NAG File holder and an Olympic contender. She is dedicated to Stanford College to swim for the category of 2025. Again in early September, Huske went a private greatest within the 100-meter butterfly on the 2020 Arlington Aquatic Membership Summer season Lengthy Course Splash & Sprint, swimming a 57.43.
Huske positioned first within the 500-yard freestyle, with a time of 4:57.81, ending 12 seconds sooner than the second place finisher. Huske additionally gained the 200-yard butterfly amongst each female and male opponents, outtouching 16-year-old Anthony Doll to the wall. She completed with a 2:04.37.
Within the 200 IM, Huske completed second total and tops amongst ladies with a 1:56.80: a time .15 seconds slower than her greatest. Her fourth race was additionally a win within the 100-yard butterfly, the place she swam a 52.58.
Different Notable Swims:
- 17-year-old Eric Lundgren (NCAP) dropped over half a second within the 100-yard backstroke with a 51.52
- 14-year-old Catherine Hughes (AAC) swam a time of 1:06.47 within the 100-yard breaststroke, putting eighth within the warmth and first for the women.
- 16-year-old Rachel Jones (NCAP) swam a 2:08.19 within the 200-yard backstroke, putting eighth.
- 15-year-old Kellen Cameron (AAC) positioned first within the 200-yard IM with a time of two:04.94.
- 16-year-old Mac Marsh (AAC) positioned second within the 50-yard freestyle, clocking a 22.40.
- 15-year-old JT Schmid (NCAP) dropped over three seconds within the 100-yard freestyle, putting first with a 50.58
- 16-year-old Kate Bailey (AAC) swam a 53.42 within the blended 100-yard freestyle, ending first for the women within the warmth.