96TH JAPAN STUDENT SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
The 96th Japan Pupil Swimming Championships roared on from Tokyo tonight, as swimmers from across the nation took on day 3.
Niigata Medical’s Yuya Tanaka was amongst them, with the 22-year-old throwing down a brand new lifetime better of 51.76 to reap gold within the males’s 100m fly. Splitting 23.79/27.97, Tanaka nailed considered one of two sub-52 second occasions of the sphere, with Hosei College’s Kota Akabane snagging silver in 51.83.
Tanaka competed on this dash fly occasion on the 2019 World College Video games (Summer time Universiade), the place he positioned fifth in a time of 52.32. His 51.76 time right here now checks him in amongst Japan’s best-ever, rating the person sixth. Akabane now ranks because the seventh quickest Japanese swimmer all-time.
Japanese Males’s All-Time Males’s 100 Fly Performers
- Kouhei Kawamoto, 51.00 2009
- Shinnosuke Ishikawa, 51.11 2019
- Takuro Fujii, 51.24 2009
- Naoki Mizunuma 51.43 2019
- Yuki Kobori, 51.69 2017
- Yuya Tanaka, 51.76 2020
- Kota Akabane, 51.83 2020
- Takaya Yasue, 51.84 2019
- Takeshi Kawamoto, 51.89, 2015
- Hirofumi Ikebata, 51.89, 2014
The ladies’s 100m fly noticed on-fire Suzuka Hasegawa rip one other sub-58 second efficiency, clearing the sphere in a mighty 57.70. Comprised of splits of 26.87/30.83, Hasegawa’s effort tonight was simply off the 57.49 she produced on the Tokyo Particular Swimming Event in August. That point rendered the 20-year-old as Japan’s 2nd fastest performer ever.
Syuya Matsumoto was the highest finisher within the males’s version of the 200m IM, hitting a strong effort of 1:58.94 to seize the gold. That checks in as a monster private finest for the Chukyo College swimmer who had by no means earlier than been beneath the two:00.
Matsumoto’s earlier career-best rested on the 2:00.08 he produced practically precisely one 12 months in the past. As such, he dropped over a second to beat out runner-up Ippei Miyamoto who touched in 1:59.42. The reigning World College Video games champion Juran Mizohata rounded out the highest Three with a mark tonight of 1:59.47. He took the gold in Naples in a stellar 1:58.58.
Matsumoto’s effort right here renders him as Japan’s eighth quickest performer ever and ranks him as #2 on the planet early on on this season.
- Rio Shirai topped the ladies’s 200m free area in a time of 1:58.16 as the one mark beneath 2:00.
- Waseda College’s Daiki Tanaka obtained it performed for the boys, hitting a 2free time of 1:48.20 tonight.
- The ladies’s 200m IM noticed Toyo College student-athlete Imai Tsuki contact first in 2:12.25.
- Toyo took the ladies’s 400m medley relay in a time of 4:01.48, beneath half a second off of the meet document. Spotlight splits embrace Shirai’s 1:00.57 lead-off and Natsumi Sakai‘s 54.17 anchor.
- Waseda was victorious within the males’s medley relay, hitting a time of three:36.45 to prime the rostrum.