2020 FHSAA 3A District Championships
The championship collection for Florida highschool swimming has kicked off with groups competing in District Championships throughout the state.
FHSAA Class 3A District Champions
- District 1: Niceville women and A. Crawford Mosley boys
- District 2: Lawton Chiles women and Lawton Chiles boys
- District 3: Ponte Vedra women and Ponte Vedra boys
- District 4: Lakeland women and Lake Minneola boys
- District 5: Sunlake women and Land O Lakes boys
- District 6: Viera women and Melbourne boys
- District 7: St. Petersburg women and Osceola Elementary boys
- District 8: Sarasota women and Sarasota boys
- District 9: Barron Collier women and Barron Collier boys
- District 10: Martin County women and Martin County boys
- District 11: St. Thomas Aquinas women and Belen Jesuit boys
Class 3A District Highlights
In District 2, Lawton Chiles senior and Stanford College commit Hayden Kwan was dominant, successful each the 200 IM (1:51.84) and 100 again (50.13) by extensive margins. Kwan was final yr’s FHSAA 3A state champion within the 100 again in addition to runner up within the 200 IM.
Lawton Chiles are the FHSAA 3A defending state champions on the lads’s facet.
In District 4, Lakeland junior Olivia Vignec additionally took first in two occasions, successful each the 50 and 100 freestyles. She touched in 25.25 within the 50 and 54.02 within the 100. Final yr Vignec took third within the 50 in 25.49, in addition to successful the 100 in 55.46.
Sarasota Excessive Faculty’s boys, competing in District 8, had been dominant, scoring practically 3 times greater than runner up Charlotte. The ladies’s meet was a lot nearer, with Sarasota’s women solely edging out Charlotte by Eight factors, ending 455 to 447.
District 9’s Colton Rasmussen of Palmetto Ridge was one other a number of occasion winner, topping the sphere in each the 100 and 200 free. In each races, Rasmussen topped a swimmer from Barron Collier, who had been each the meet champions and State Championship runner-ups final season.
Final yr the Barron Collier ladies had been the FHSAA 3A state champions.
A two occasion finalist finally yr’s State Championship, Hector Paz, an uncommitted senior from district champions Belen Jesuit, took first in each the 200 (1:46.86) and 500 freestyles (4:51.23). He additionally anchored his colleges 200 free relay that took first in 1:34.72.