2020 SWIMMAC SUMMER SPLASH INTRASQUAD MEET
- August 28 – 30, 2020
- Huntersville Household Health Aquatics, Huntersville, North Carolina
- Quick Course Yards (SCY)
- Outcomes on Meet Cellular: “2020 SwimMAC Summer time Splash Intrasquad Meet”
Final weekend, SwimMAC Carolina hosted their second swim meet for the reason that coronavirus restart. Their intrasquad meet noticed spectacular races from Junior Nationals swimmers Baylor Nelson and Cam Abaqueta, alongside up-and-coming SwimMAC stroke specialists.
Nelson received the 200 free (1:38.49) and the 100 fly (48.75), edging out second-place finisher Logan Zucker in each occasions. He additionally snagged first place within the 200 breast with a greatest time of two:03.43. Nelson’s 200 free was one other greatest time by 2 seconds, additional reducing his Futures qualifying time.
Nelson is ranked 2nd on SwimSwam’s list of the top swimmers in the high school class of 2022. His 200IM time is the quickest within the class, and his greatest 100 fly time of 47.98 locations him up there with the quickest junior dash flyers. His teammate, Logan Zucker, can be on that checklist, ranked 12th for his standout instances within the 200 free (1:37.99), 500 free (4:26.11), and 400IM (3:53.34). Zucker swam greatest instances in each his 100 fly (49.11) and 50 free (20.82) final weekend.
Grace Rainey snagged second place within the combined 200 breast (2:16.63) behind Baylor. The 15-year-old Rainey began off the meet with a greatest time within the 200 free (1:53.51) and a ninth place end. If the occasions had been separated by gender, Rainey would have completed first in each races.
One other 15-year-old, Molly Donlan, dominated the stroke occasions. Donlan received the 100 again with a time of 57.10, touching the wall first earlier than her two 17-year-old teammates. In an in depth race for second Emily Brown (57.98) outtouched Jordan Browning (58.13).
Cam Abaqueta (16) received the 100 free in a time of (46.09) and positioned third within the 100 fly (50.76.) His 4th place end within the 200 free was a greatest time of 1:42.99. Abaqueta competed alongside Nelson at summer Junior Nationals last year.
Stephen Kim (17) commanded the breaststroke occasions, profitable the 100 breast (57.72), 50 free (21.69), and 200 breast (2:07.12). Kim holds the second quickest all-time 15-16 year-old 200 breast on SwimMAC, behind his present teammate and Junior Nationals swimmer Tim Connery who didn’t compete this weekend.
OTHER NOTABLE SWIMS:
- 15-year-old Jacob Wimberly swam the 500 free in a time of 4:39.83, a greatest time by practically 5 seconds, as he claimed second place behind Jackson McDonald (4:38.89).
- The two minute barrier was no match for 16-year-old Madeline Menkhaus within the 200 fly as she touched the wall with a greatest time of 1:59.56.
- Troy Eager (14) received each the 200 free (1:46.71) and the 100 fly (51.98) on Sunday morning. He additionally completed second within the 50 free with a time of 22.57 behind Tiesyn Harris (21.88).
- Junior Matthew Kroll received the 100 breast (57.07) by a considerable 1.58 seconds and positioned third in 100 free (48.14).