Panther Time Trial
- October 10, 2020
- Pine Crest College
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- PDF file of the meet results
The Pine Crest Swim Crew hosted an intrasquad this morning, and Julia Podkoscielny got here out on prime, putting first in every of her 4 occasions.
Podkoscielny dominated the lady’s 200 backstroke, clocking a 1:55.39, over three seconds quicker than her earlier finest time of 1:58.59. Her new finest time strikes her as much as 62nd all-time within the 15-16 age group and can also be a Florida Gold Coast LSC file. The earlier record-holder was Tasija Karosas (1:56.33) and hadn’t been damaged since 2011.
Podkoscielny additionally scored finest occasions within the 100 backstroke (53.75) and 200 IM (1:59.85). She was a two-time champion in these two occasions on the FHSAA 2A State Championship final 12 months.
Podkoscielny’s dad, Mariusz, is the top coach of Pine Crest Swim Crew and was a two-time Olympian for Poland. Within the 1988 Video games, he completed fifth within the 1500m and 400m freestyle, and swam on the collegiate degree for the College of Arizona.
Whereas this was a membership intrasquad, Julia’s breakout swim has implications for the Florida Excessive College season as properly. Over the summer season, Pine Crest, the defending 2A State Champions in Swimming & Diving, introduced that it will not have fall sports activities seasons this 12 months. Nonetheless, on September 1st, the college stated that whereas it will compete as an “unbiased” workforce and thereby skip the FHSAA post-season for many fall sports activities, that there was a “attainable exception” for the swimming & diving program. Marius Podkoszielny instructed SwimSwam at this time that Pine Crest will compete within the FHSAA state sequence after the league lifted any requirement for normal season twin meets – which means they’ll begin the season with their District Championship meet.
Different Notable Swims:
- 17-year-old Paige MacEachern positioned second with a 2:04.63 within the lady’s 200 IM.
- Hannah Elks Smith (17) swam a finest time of over three seconds within the lady’s 200 freestyle, ending with a 1:53.92.
- 15-year-old Riley Botting swam a 1:04.88 within the lady’s 100 breaststroke, matching her seed time precisely.
- Georgia Tech commit Joshua Hanks positioned first within the boys 100 breaststroke with a 57.39. He additionally received the boys 50 freestyle (21.22).
- Will Taner, Cornell commit, received the boys 100 freestyle (47.20) and the boys 100 butterfly (56.18).